Information Design - Project 1


14.01.19 - 02.02.19 (Week 2 - Week 4)
Tamara Audrey Saputra (0335846)
Information Design
Project 1 - Instructable Infographic

Instruction



Project 1 - Instructable Infographic


Poster Recipe
14.01.19 (Week 2)



Our first project requires us to visually communicate a step-by-step guide/recipe of our preferred dish.

After browsing through several dishes, I landed my decision on a go-to breakfast meal: Avocado Toast. Realizing that the basic steps might be too simple, I referred to several other recipes that suggest tips and variations.

Sources:
https://cookieandkate.com/2018/avocado-toast-recipe/
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/avocado-toasts-3364588
https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/avocado-toast-recipe

From there, I continue to find references for my layout design that has a clear and simple design.

fig 1.1: Reference

fig 1.2: Reference

The followings above are the references that I felt affected my outcome the most. I was intrigued by how the steps are placed in the center as the main visual, allowing the eyes to naturally follow the flow downwards.

Here are my attempts for the composition plan:

fig 1.3: Composition Plan

I then proceed to execute the idea in Illustrator.

fig 1.4: Process in Illustrator

fig 1.5: 3rd attempt

I asked for feedbacks from Mr. Kannan and he suggested to increase the text size by 1-2pt and darken it a bit to make it more readable.

1.6: Final Result

Animated Recipe
02.02.19 (Week 4)



After we finish our poster, we proceed to create an animated version of the recipe using After Effects. To generate the idea, I first create the storyboard sketches to have a rough visualization of the video outcome. 



Using the assets that have already been made in Illustrator, I imported them to After Effects. The followings are the processes done.




I also decided to add several sound effects and background music, all sourced from a royalty-free library such as Bensound and Youtube audio library.

Source links:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advance Typography - Final Compilation & Reflection

Advanced Typography - Exercises

Advance Typography - Project 1