Digital Photography and Imaging - Final Project


18.10.18 - 7.12.18 (Week 12 - Week 15)
Tamara Audrey Saputra (0335846)
Digital Photography and Imaging
Final Project - Surrealistic Parallax (Cinemagraph)

Instructions



Final Project - Surrealistic Parallax (Cinemagraph)

Our final project is to create a surrealistic composition and animate it later on. We are free to either find a surrealistic painting and make one based on that or we can create our own kind. However, I decided that I'll recreate a surrealistic painting since it is highly recommended to do so.

After searching dozens of surreal paintings, I decided that I'll do this painting by Thor Lindeneng.

fig 1: Referenced Panting

To get started, I gather up images that might be easier to find on the free stock market such as the sky and cloud. However, for the more complex ones such as the egg and torn wall, I took them by myself.

fig 2: Photos taken by myself

fig 3: Free Stock Images

The following images below are the process I've done in Photoshop using mainly the masking, blending tool and gradient.

fig 3: Laying out the composition

fig 4: Placing masked objects

fig 5: Blending mode

fig 6: Highlights and Shadows

fig 7: Strong highlights and shadows


fig 8: Final Result


After I'm done with its recomposition, I proceed to the animation part of it. I use Photoshop to do the animation. 

fig 9: Animation process

fig 10: Animation process

fig 11: Animation process


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advance Typography - Final Compilation & Reflection

Advanced Typography - Exercises

Advance Typography - Project 1